Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Conversations with Kensli

Kensli is my constant talker. Sunday morning at church we passed a lady and she just started laughing! I said, "She's my talker." The woman replied, "That is VERY evident!!!" Kensli talks non-stop about everything! I thought Ricky could talk, but he doesn't even hold a candle to our little bit of spice!!!!

Kensli is now potty trained and the other day I walked in on her on the potty!

Kensli: "I'm poo-pooing!"
Me: "I can tell!"
Kensli: "How do you know?"
Me: "Because, I think I'll call you a little stinker"
Kensli: "AH! I am going to tell your mommy and daddy that you called me names!"

Kensli loves to squeal and scream! She has the shrillest scream, that I think could probably shatter glass if she were to scream for very long. The other day she had squealed, screamed and fussed about everything to the point that I was tired of hearing it! Then it dawned on me that she was probably hungry, because she had refused breakfast that morning! Here is the conversation..........

Me: "Kensli, I am tired of the squealing and screaming! I think you are hungry and that is why you are out of sorts."
Kensli: "But, I'm not hungry!"
Me: "Did you eat your breakfast this morning?"
Kensli: "NO!"
Me: "So, that means that if you eat something you will feel better and can play sweetly with your brother........."
Kensli (as she looks at me with big eyes) finishes my sentence: ".......and I can scream even louder!"

Yes, I did feed her and prayed that the screaming would not be louder!!!!!

Also, she gets mad at her dad quite easily! When mad, she pouts at him and will not let it go with out Toby doing some sweet talking! A couple of mornings ago, while Toby was getting ready for work, I found her pouting on our bed!

Me: "What's wrong with you?"
Kensli: "Daddy!"
Me: "What did Daddy do now?"
Kensli: "He's being difficult!"

With that she got down and went to play!

1 comment:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

What a hoot!!! We have to get her and Keeley (also a talker) together. We can put them in a room together and let them go to town!!! They'd probably sleep very good after that!!! :)

Felicia