Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Traveling Backpack--Cebu City, Philippines



Exhaustion has been my only problem since getting to the Philippines! The heat, trying to get anywhere, the activity of the people, eating, and jet lag has made this trip exhausting! Sleep has been evading me and has made my brain muddled! Hopefully I will sleep tonight!







February 21, 2008--Thursday, Cebu City, Philippines

I did not sleep over 3 hrs. last night and today I stayed close to the room! Slept about an hour was all today, so maybe I will sleep tonight!!!!!

Today was the start of conference, and Bro. Gordon Mallory is the night speaker! I didn't attend any of the services today because I was trying to sleep (We forgot to bring anything that I can take to make me sleep! Toby went to try to buy me something and the girl tried to sell him some sort of mushroom supplement!). Toby went and said it was great!

I went to the evening service, and Bro. Mallory did an awesome job!!! I was so tired that my eyes would cross if I didn't concentrate really hard! Toby brought me back to the hotel as soon as the preaching was over!



The building was crowded but I froze! They must have had the A/C on at full speed! Thank God, for my trusty blue jean jacket! Maybe the A/C is what kept me awake during church tonight!




There was a huge choir tonight made up of saints from the different provinces! They sang beautifully!!!!!!!!!
Another bad picture, but thought that I would add it so you can see that I am being spiritual!




The power and presence of the Lord is the same everywhere you go! There must have been close to 4,000 people in this auditorium! They were here for one purpose, to worship God!
We are going on a tour of the island tomorrow!
Until then....................

1 comment:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Toby and Kayla: Wow! The Phillipines? and you're not bringing home another child:)! It is so wonderful seeing the Lord at work! God Bless you both and all that you do! Check out our blog at huffshouse.blogspot.com. We're adopting from Guatemala again and are very excited! Have a safe trip back to the states and Kayla, I'm praying you'll be able to sleep.

God Bless,
Felicia Huff