School is moving on this year. It seems strange to think that we started on August 20th. It just doesn't seem like it has been that long! Here are a few things that have been happening lately.
Ricky-- The newness of the year has worn off significantly! Sometimes it is hard to find things that motivate when they are home all day! LSU football is what motivates Ricky this time of the year!!!! I think that he would do anything to keep from getting grounded from going to the games! Also, Ricky is really enjoying his new math curriculum. I gave him a placement test and he scored a level above where I thought that he should be. Saxon 65 is challenging him and he is enjoying the challenge.
Kaitlyn-Last year I was not sure about Kaitlyn's desire to be in school! It was such a struggle!!!! This year Kailtyn has really bloomed! She is focused on her lessons and is reading everything that she can get her hands on! YEAH!!! She also loves to teach the younger two in the evenings. They do not cooperate very well, but she loves the idea of being their teacher!
Nicholas--Two scriptures down.......how many more? I did find out this week that he can copy any letter you set in front of him. He looks at it and copies what he sees. Artist, maybe? We are still working on attention span development!
Kensli--Loves books, loves to sing, loves to color, loves to dance, loves to fight, loves to say "hate" and "shut-up", loves play-dough, etc. She loves LIFE!!!!!!!!! You can see the wheels turning when she is exposed to something new! We are still working on weight gain!
No comments:
Post a Comment