Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pacifier Days


Friday morning, Kensli woke up saying her paci was hurting her teeth. I figured that was the sign I needed to break her from the habit. "OH, MY! HER TEETH WILL BE FOREVER DAMAGED IF I DON'T BREAK THE PACIFIER HABIT," is what I was thinking! I decided to try a trick that my mother had told me about. You snip the end of the pacifier off with scissors and give it back to the child. This snipping renders the pacifier useless, and, of course, you do all the snipping in secret. I took the pacifier from Kensli and snipped the end off. When I gave it back to her, she immediately popped it back in her mouth. All it took is one suck and she took it out with a very puzzled look on her face. She examined it carefully and said, "UH, Mommy, it has a hole in it!" I said, "It sure does! Your teeth must have broken your paci." She didn't care for the idea but was rather puzzled for quite awhile. She would take it out and put it back in all morning. Finally, she abandoned it on her bed.

Around lunch she started asking for a pacifier. Ricky went and got the one on her bed and brought it to her. When she saw it was the one with the hole, she threw it at him. When she threw the pacifier, it hit the corner of the glass table top in our breakfast room and broke the corner off. WARNING: Don't ever make Kensli mad at you!!!!!!!!

Friday afternoon she asked for a pacifier again. I told her that her teeth were getting to big for the pacifier and that her teeth would start hurting again. She said, "Mommy, can we go to Wal-Mawt and get a little, bitty baby paci that want hut my teef?" Wow, what a little smarty!

No comments: