We had very busy unofficial start to summer. I love holiday weekends because Toby gets to stay home and the whole atmosphere of our home is even more festive.
On Friday night, Ricky started complaining of his eye hurting and said he felt like he had a headache. Not a great start to our holiday. By Saturday his face was swollen and he was stopped up on the right side of his face. We are taking him to the doctor first thing in the morning. He is ok as long as he stays on Advil. We have done the saline nose flush, decongestants, and Advil. The saline gave some relief, but the Advil works best. Hate when one of the kids get sick on a holiday weekend.
Saturday was our 17th wedding anniversary. We did not get to celebrate much with Ricky sick and Kaitlyn having her big orchestra recital that night. They performed a Disney Spectacular and from what I have seen of the video it was wonderful.
Kaitlyn and her beloved violin.
One of our dear friends brought Kaitlyn these flowers in honor of her performance. It was such a sweet thing and the flowers were beautiful. Could not resist snapping her picture with them.
I didn't get to go to church on Sunday, because of Ricky. I sure hate when I miss. Toby went with a missionary that night to the church I grew up attending. He was gone a lot, so I was tired running up and down waiting on Ricky, chasing Kamryn, and caring for the rest of my crew. Funny how just one sick child can throw the whole routine out of whack and wear me out.
Yesterday evening and all day today was spent swimming by the three kiddos that were well and old enough to swim.
They did a little of this......
A little of that.....
And a whole bunch of this and that........
Today we were privileged to entertain a missionary to Asia. Love when my kids can hear stories of what God is doing. After the missionary left, we chilled out by the pool and I snapped a few shots of Kamryn and her dad.
All in all we have had a good weekend. Today I asked my crew what does Memorial Day mean and one of them had the right answer.
I always want to remember and say thank you to the ones that have fought and died that I can live free.
GOD BLESS AMERICA and THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT SERVE!!!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment