Saturday, December 5, 2009

What does Snow Bring????

Screaming, Squealing, Giggles, and Lots of Eating is what SNOW brings to our house!!!!!!

Yesterday morning we woke up to the weather channel heralding the good news of snow coming our way! We were under a winter weather advisory!!!!!! I understand tornado watches and warnings, hurricane advisories, and flash flood watches, but not winter weather advisories!!!!!!


Ricky was the first to realize it was snowing, and he came tearing through the house shouting the good news loud enough to make the rafters ring! The kids had to go flying outside and see the wonderful sight! When I got outside, I had to run everybody back in because no one had shoes or coats on! Yes, we are not prepared for snow!!!!



After the kids were properly attired in whatever we could find deemed warm enough for this kind of weather, we flew back outside to enjoy our little slice of a winter wonderland!



Quotes I overheard:


"Look! They turned it on again!!!! --Kaitlyn

"Wow, this is the best day I have ever had!"--Nicholas

"If you put your hand on the snow and leave it there, your hand starts to freeze!"--Ricky
"Snow makes me SO hungry!"--Kaitlyn

"It's like ice cubes falling from the sky!"--Kensli

"When can we make a snowman? Can I make a snow angel?"--Kensli and Nicholas

"They lied! Where is the 3 inches they were talking about on the weather channel?"--Kaitlyn

"My fingers are frost bitten!"--Ricky

After a while the novelty wore off and they all decided that the warmth of the house and chocolate chip cookies was a better idea!


It's SNOWING!!!!!
Last night was our Christmas Banquet, and by the time it was over it had stopped! It snowed around 4 hours, and here that really is a MAJOR WEATHER EVENT!!!!

Our wagon this morning! Looks more like a dusting than a real snow!!!!

Enough snow to throw a snowball!!!

The sun is shining this morning and Nicholas just announced that the snowing is falling from the trees! It won't last long, but is was fun for the kids while it lasted! What a wonderful way to start off the Christmas season!!!!!!!

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

I think you got more than we did here in Maine! ;-) We only have a light dusting. This time last year we had about 3 FEET! ;-)

Tina said...

Amazing! You have had more snow than us here in Indiana!!!