Friday, October 23, 2009

Sounds Minor, but Really a Major Accomplishment

I am so happy to post that last night Kensli slept all night in her bed and didn't get up the minute I did! Most kids by her age are sleeping all night in their own bed without a problem, but Kensli has had sleep issues since coming home from China. Well, last night it was actually a little more than just a sleep filled night!!!

Here is what Kensli accomplished:
  • Sometime during the night Kensli started fussing. I waited and she calmed down and never got up or called my name. I did go check on her and she was sound asleep! What a big accomplishment from a child that has a hard time self-comforting herself!
  • She slept through the alarm clock, me getting up, and the sun rising!
  • Usually if I start down the stairs she starts crying, so I normally I just go in and get her before I go down. This morning when I went in to get her, she mumbled something, rolled over, and went back to sleep! She slept another 45 minutes!

I am so thankful for her accomplishment this morning! Last week we had several sleepless nights! Maybe I should have waited until she had accomplished this for a week or longer to post, but just one night shows me that in time she will overcome and will even start going to sleep without having to be touching me!

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Yeah! This is such a huge accomplishment! All of my boys - up until about age 4ish - would get up in the night & crawl in to bed with me. I can understand why this is a "blog-worthy!" ;-) I'll pray it continues!