Monday, November 12, 2007

A Day at the Beach

"I'm running towards that big wide ocean,
While you chase me down with that sun lotion.
Oh, Oh, Oh-h-h.........
I would like to spend seven days a week,
I never get tired of that sandy beach.
Oh, Oh, Oh-h-h............"

The kids were so good on this trip that we decided to give them a surprise treat! Without letting them know, we headed for South Padre Island. They we so surprised and excited!!!!

Since this little trip had not been planned, we didn't have our swim suits or beach towels. As you can see, those items are not needed for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was Kensli's first time to see the ocean and play on the beach. At first, she didn't know what to think, but it didn't take her long to get over her hesitation.





Sizing up all that water!

When the first wave rolled in over her feet, she fell back in the sand. I guess the movement of the water and her eyes tricked her!


Jumping the waves!


Enjoying a little independence!


Security with my Dad!!!!


4 BEACH BUMS



Waiting on the waves!
Kensli didn't understand why she felt like the sand was leaving her when the water would rush back out. She would holler, "Come back here sand, come back here!!!"


Cutie pies!





Kensli said, "I'm a crab and I'm going to get you!!!!!"

Peace, Peace, wonderful Peace!

They were tired and slept for miles when we left!
Words in blue is a song called A Day at the Beach off of XM Kids by a group that I do not know the name.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What precious pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful family vacation.

I used to live in Lake Charles, LA many years ago. (think late '80's). I never got around to introducing myself to you when you first posted on SHS but I remembered you saying you were in LA.
Laura in MO
from SHS
http://web.mac.com/lmjmann/iWeb/LifeAtWillisCreekRanch