The ground hog didn't see his shadow so that means that Spring is around the corner! YEAH!!!! We are sick of being stuck in the house and all the rain!!!! I know that we need the rain, BUT........bring on the warmer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ricky and Kaitlyn are really becoming young birders! They have a field guide and they watch for birds out the window whenever they can! We have a resident Red Headed Woodpecker that we spot several times a day. Yesterday he was sitting on our brick mailbox pecking away! We can only assume that he was sharpening his beak and not trying to find food!
Some of their interest in birds has been fueled by Apologia Science, Zoology I, Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. We are really enjoying this book and are working our way through it slowly but throughly. I would recommend this series for anyone that homeschools!
No comments:
Post a Comment